Re: Complaints and complainers

2006-10-12 09:21:59
So then Ned you are saying that the Management of the IETF can say anything
they want to on a list about several 'supposed' complaints and then act upon
them without any due process or any recourse -

Noel expressed it better than either Harald or I did. He said:

  My reasoning is that the decision of
  whether or not to suspend should be based almost entirely on the target
  person's posts, so the identity (and, indeed, the number) of people
  complaining is basically irrelevant.

That is, the decision to suspend your posting rights should be based solely on
what you did, not on who pointed what out to whom. It should not matter if
there is one complaint, a thousand complaints, or no complaint at all.

And as you well know, you do have recourse through an appeal. Invidious
comments claiming you do not do not strengthen your position.

Let me ask, do I annoy you that much that you would be willing to give up
your rights to recourse in a dispute or to even functionally dispute
something?

Well, since you asked, Todd, you don't annoy me at all. I find many of your
postings to be, shall we shall say, amusing. But lack of annoyance doesn't mean
they're relevant. IMO many if not most of them are not.

                                Ned