Re: I understand that there is an ISO MOU with the IETF - I want to see it...

2006-10-13 13:12:41

John C Klensin wrote:
You are not a member of the IETF.
Todd is not a member of the IETF.
I am not a member of the IETF.
Jorge isn't a member of the IETF either.

The IETF has no members.

Not only are you right, but per se, the IETF is not a non-profit.

Further most people who participate in non-profits do not fit the legal definition of "member". In the world of non-profits, that term has very specific meaning and carries very specific obligations. Hence most non-profits avoid it by having "subscribers" or the like who are not actually "members".

At base, I cannot figure out why anyone keeps feeding such trollish topics, I thought it might at least be amusing to comment on the term member.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking