Re: Please stop the country-specific references (Was: I understand that there is an ISO MOU with the IETF - I want to see it...

2006-10-16 05:41:20
On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 02:00:17PM +0200,
 Brian E Carpenter <brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 9 lines which said:

I'd like to observe that the IASA was created so that the IETF as a
whole wouldn't need to bother about these administrative matters.

I am not sure I understand. If you mean that the IASA's aim is to
deliver engineers from day-to-day administrative stuff such as
printing badges for the meetings, OK.

But if you mean that IETF "non-members" should stay away from
important policy-related things like the dispute resolution process or
the very nature of the IETF (incorporated or not, in a country or
another, etc), then, I would certainly disagree.