RE: [Nea] WG Review: Network Endpoint Assessment (nea)

2006-10-16 23:18:49
Sam Hartman wrote:
One of the things coming out of the most recent BOF was a
strong desire for PA-level interoperability.  That can be
accomplished through standardized attributes or
vendor-specific attributes that are sufficiently well
documented (and not subject to patents) that third parties
can implement collectors or analysis tools that interoperate
with the vendor tools for the vendor attributes.

Will we be able to meet these interoperability goals?  Why or why not?

Yes, we can. If we define a small set of standardized attributes
(OS and app version, AV status, etc.) and make them mandatory to
implement, then we will have interoperability with respect to
those attributes. We should allow the definition of attributes
that go beyond this minimal standard mandatory to implement (MTI)
set but the MTI set will provide a baseline of information
available for all endpoints that implement NEA.

Thanks,

Steve