RE: [Nea] WG Review: Network Endpoint Assessment (nea)

2006-10-19 07:51:01
Ted Hardie wrote:
For the charter discussions, I want to know whether it will
be an aim of the working group to standardize:

* a way of carrying this information
* the structure of this information (but not its content)
* a standard representation of the content, so that access to the
vendor database
  is no longer required

I believe that we'll need to define all three of these.
There may be times when access to an external database
would be useful (if you want to know exactly which viruses
are covered by which AV defs version, for example) but
such access should not be required to use the standard
attributes.

Thanks,

Steve