Re: Last Call: 'DNSSEC Lookaside Validation (DLV)' to Informational RFC (draft-weiler-dnssec-dlv)

2006-10-30 15:02:28

On 30-Oct-2006, at 11:38, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

When the statement is "I haven't compared draft-weiler-dnssec-
dlv-01 with the ISC tech note closely, but since the text is
different it seems likely that implementations based on one would
likely differ from those" it should go straight to the bit bucket.

OK. The two documents have a common heritage (as the respective
acknowledgements sections indicate) but it's not clear from either
document whether they describe precisely the same thing as the other.
I have read both documents and have noted the lack of text in either
of them which would clarify this issue.

If they describe the same thing, then hooray, but let them say so
rather than requiring people to infer things from their titles.

Joe

        The documents are essentially the same.  In particular the
        policy to resolve the handling of multiple dlv namespaces
        which overlap is the same.  This was not so in earlier
        versions.

        Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews(_at_)isc(_dot_)org