Re: WG Review: Recharter of Internet Emergency Preparedness (iepr ep)

2006-11-05 14:42:12
"King," == King, Kimberly S
<KIMBERLY(_dot_)S(_dot_)KING(_at_)saic(_dot_)com> writes:

    King,> There are several important requirements that are specific
    King,> to military and governmental needs that are emerging or
    King,> were outside the current charter's scope.  These
    King,> requirements, I believe, include items such as ensured
    King,> timely delivery of critical communications in an
    King,> environment where security concerns (e.g., encryption) and
    King,> QoS requirements must simultaneously be met.  People may be
    King,> considering the passing of RSVP messages over different
    King,> security domains that may influence security (perhaps by
    King,> aiding traffic analysis or introducing a covert channel).
    King,> If you think that type of work is ill advised, for example,
    King,> then your best chance of voicing that opinion is here at
    King,> the IETF.  The requirements aren't going away and people
    King,> will be acting on them the best way they know how.  Your
    King,> best opportunity to bring the tradeoffs to light is here at
    King,> the IETF.

And I believe that the tsvwg is the right place to discuss where RSVP
intersects with security.

--Sam