Re: nomcom:Soliciting feedback from entire working groups?

2006-12-18 09:41:57
I received four of these, apparently on the strength of being an RFC author, and was immediately sure there had been a mistake.

Henning Schulzrinne wrote:

Judging from the email addresses where I received solicitations for comments, either every RFC author or every I-D author received an invitation to comment. (I suspect the latter, since the invitations seemed to be tailored by working group, i.e., an I-D in a Transport working group "earned" an invitation that included Transport candidates.)� Calling a candidate list distributed to all I-D authors private is polite fiction. I don't object to this effective public candidacy, but honesty in labeling might be called for.

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/