Re: Nomcom O6 categories -- GEN == Chair?

2006-12-18 11:34:52

--On Monday, December 18, 2006 10:18 AM -0800 Dave Crocker <dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

I assume that the nominee sub-section labeled "GEN" is really
for the IETF Chair?

I think you should assume, given the number of these things that all of us seem to be receiving, that the Nomcom is distributing these notes indiscriminately to people who have developed documents, reviewed documents, or who participate in various mailing lists.

I share the concern of some others that we have promised people a confidential process and that this makes short lists (with or without ringers) generally available to anyone interested. Regardless of whether confidentiality is a good idea, it is what the procedures call for and what nominees have been promised.

If that is actually what is going on, then, IMO, the bad judgment associated with this decision completely overwhelms the bad judgment associated with redrawing the pool after consulting, among others, potential nominees and candidates.

    john