Re: "Discuss" criteria

2007-01-01 16:22:35
John Leslie wrote:
   This is venturing into dangerous territory. The best expertise on
the technical issues involved _should_ be in the WG that produced the
document. Expecting to find _better_ expertise within the IESG seems
less than rational...
Expecting the best available expertise on charset issues and string matching in the Kerberos WG is, in my opinion, less than rational.

But the Kerberos WG still has to define protocol operations where strings are compared. Sometimes a WG needs help with issues outside their core purview, and sometimes they won't discover that until their documents hit the IESG. That's life.

(apologies to the Kerberos folks, who, I think, are now very much educated on those specific issues, for using them as an example....)

                   Harald