Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-lemonade-deployments (Deployment Considerations for lemonade-compliant Mobile Email) to BCP

2007-01-17 21:10:24

On Wednesday, January 17, 2007 04:31:37 PM -0800 Randall Gellens <randy(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> wrote:

 s/exist a large number/exists a large number/ in 8 (?)

I think you're right, but it sounds funny to my ear, so I'd prefer "there
are a large number".

This is getting into the realm of trivial editorial items that don't affect the readability of the document and can be handled by the RFC-Editor. That said, the original text is correct; the sentence is about the existence of (a large number of) approaches; it is the _approaches_ which are said to exist here, not the number.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+(_at_)cmu(_dot_)edu>
  Sr. Research Systems Programmer