Re: [EAI] Last Call: draft-ietf-eai-framework (Overview and Framework for Internationalized Email) to Informational RFC

2007-01-17 18:46:11

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randall Gellens" <randy(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
To: "John C Klensin" <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>; "Harald Alvestrand"
<harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>; <ima(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 6:44 AM
Subject: Re: [EAI] Last Call: draft-ietf-eai-framework (Overview and Framework
for Internationalized Email) to Informational RFC

At 4:02 PM -0500 1/17/07, John C Klensin wrote:

 In any event, I'd recommend/request that you specify
 text and where it should go.

I'm thinking a brief mention in the Framework document, with more
discussion in the SMTP extension document, and maybe a mention in the
downgrade document.  I'll suggest text for those documents later, but
for the Frameworks document, immediately following the two bullets in
Section 4.3, add a new paragraph:

If no one else objects it,  I will update it in SMTPext document according to
your suggestions.

Thanks.

YAO Jiankang
CNNIC

(The client can also try an alternate next-hop host or requeue the
message and try later, on the assumption that the lack of UTF8SMTP is
a transient failure; since this ultimately resolves to success or
failure, it doesn't change the discussion here.)

--
Randall Gellens
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------