Re: [EAI] Last Call: draft-ietf-eai-framework (Overview and Framework for Internationalized Email) to Informational RFC

2007-01-17 15:47:00
At 4:02 PM -0500 1/17/07, John C Klensin wrote:

 In any event, I'd recommend/request that you specify
 text and where it should go.

I'm thinking a brief mention in the Framework document, with more discussion in the SMTP extension document, and maybe a mention in the downgrade document. I'll suggest text for those documents later, but for the Frameworks document, immediately following the two bullets in Section 4.3, add a new paragraph:

(The client can also try an alternate next-hop host or requeue the message and try later, on the assumption that the lack of UTF8SMTP is a transient failure; since this ultimately resolves to success or failure, it doesn't change the discussion here.)

--
Randall Gellens
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------