Re: [EAI] Last Call: draft-ietf-eai-framework (Overview and Framework for Internationalized Email) to Informational RFC

2007-01-17 18:34:29
At 9:53 AM +0900 1/18/07, Yangwoo Ko wrote:

 How about:

 Replace:

      Note that under this definition, it is not possible to tell from
      the address that an email sender or recipient is an i18mail user.

 with:

       Note that under this definition, it is not possible to tell from
       an ASCII address if an email sender or recipient is an i18mail
       user or not.  (A non-ASCII address implies that the owner of
       that address is an i18mail user.)

Replaced text looks a lot better, I am a little bit concerned that the relation between "an ASCII address" and "an sender / recipient" is looser than I want it be. /* As a non-native, I feel always nervous when word-smithing */

Can we me make the relation clearer if we changed it a little bit? For instance;

 Note that under this definition, it is not possible to tell
 whether an email sender or recipient is an i18mail user or not
 if his/her address is an ASCII address.

How about:

      Note that under this definition, it is not possible to tell
      from an ASCII address if the owner of that address is an
      i18mail user or not.  (A non-ASCII address implies a belief
      that the owner of that address is an i18mail user.)

This incorporates John's change ("a belief") as well as your desire to tighten the link between the address and the owner.
--
Randall Gellens