Re: Last Call: draft-iesg-sponsoring-guidelines (Guidance on Area Director Sponsoring of Documents) to Informational RFC

2007-02-08 06:16:33
On 2007-02-08 14:05, Scott O. Bradner wrote:
But its Informational. My read of RFC 2026 says that
the 4 week case applies to Standards Track only.

rfc 2026 says what must be done in some cases - it does not say what
can not be done in the cases it does not cover - specifically, RFC 2026
in no way would block a 4-week last call for an informational RFC
- note that RFC 2026 does not require any last call for informationals

fwiw - I agree with John - this doc warents a longer last call because
it does impact how part of the IETF process will work and the draft
did not get vetted in a normal working group process

As I said, this won't be rushed through. Let's see if there are any
comments of substance though.

    Brian