Re: Last Call: draft-iesg-sponsoring-guidelines (Guidance on Area Director Sponsoring of Documents) to Informational RFC

2007-02-08 06:02:58
John,
Sure.  But my point in that area was obviously not clear.  Prior
to the announcement of the Last Call, there was no indication to
the community that this document should be considered and
discussed, much less where.
Right. We weren't ready for a very wide discussion with
the earlier revision, it had too many obvious problems.
I hope the right discussion forum is now clear.
There is no working group charter,
no history of open discussion, and so on.   And _that_ calls for
a four-week Last Call, not two weeks.

But its Informational. My read of RFC 2026 says that
the 4 week case applies to Standards Track only.

In any case, if it turns out that we get too little feedback
or there's significant controversy, I'm sure Brian will consider
what that means for successful end of the last call...

Jari