Re: Last Call: draft-iesg-sponsoring-guidelines (Guidance on Area Director Sponsoring of Documents) to Informational RFC

2007-02-09 17:14:56
Jari Arkko wrote:

And as Brian noted, if this someone misuses their power for
personal reasons or some other reason, we have an appeals
process. I'm not sure there's fundamentally any other way
to handle this.

Nor me.  Forcing them to either vote "Yes" for a document they
don't really like, or refuse an IESG evaluation, that could be
a dilemma for the AD.  And finding an AD where that situation
is unlikely could be an difficult for authors - if they know
this potential dilemma.

 [Brian also mentioned:]
| in fact a common reply from an AD might be to recommend
| independent submission if the work is interesting but really
| outside IETF scope.

Maybe the draft should say so at the end of the 4th paragraph
in chapter 3, where it talks about BoFs and WGs.  Or at the
end of chapter 5.  I don't like this draft, "send publication
request to secretariat" is more attractive than spamming ADs.

Frank