Re: Last Call: draft-iesg-sponsoring-guidelines (Guidance on Area Director Sponsoring of Documents) to Informational RFC

2007-02-09 15:41:50
On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 21:57:58 +0200
Jari Arkko <jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net> wrote:

In any case, at the end of the day there is going to be someone
who has to decide whether a particular proposal fits the purpose
of the WG, the IETF or the RFC series. This someone can be the
people in the WG, the sponsoring AD, the RFC Editor depending
on what kind of a submission we are talking about, but there
is always someone. And as Brian noted, if this someone misuses
their power for personal reasons or some other reason, we
have an appeals process. I'm not sure there's fundamentally
any other way to handle this. And for IETF documents, that
someone is just handling the beginning of the process and
the proposal has to go through more review from the
community.

Right.  The IETF is not a general-purpose publishing house for
networking documents.