Re: [PCN] Re: WG Review: Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification(pcn)

2007-02-20 07:36:38

On Feb 20, 2007, at 8:15 AM, Georgios Karagiannis wrote:

I assume that you also have no objection on using the DSCP fields for
this purpose.

actually, I do, at least in some ways that they might be used. The AF service (RFC 2597) is specifically designed to do as you say; EF isn't. setting the DSCP on an EF packet in a way that nullifies its EF behavior to communicate the onset of congestion mostly nullifies the EF service (which doesn't actually do much of anything when there is no congestion to perturb packet timing). So I would want any use of the DSCP to be coordinated with the other services that the datagram hopes for.