RE: Warning - risk of duty free stuff being confiscated on the way to Prague

2007-03-11 15:06:23

I believe there are similar issues for travel to the US

yes, I just had my bottle of water confiscated in Dallas airport
(coming back from another convention at the same hotel as IETF65)
and had to buy another bottle (of precisely the same type) two steps
after the security check.

It seems that the airport stores have figured out how to profit
from these rulings, just as the airlines profit from the photo-ID
requirement.
So don't expect this to go away ...

Y(J)S