Re: Warning - risk of duty free stuff being confiscated on the way to Prague

2007-03-14 15:29:38

Eric Burger wrote:
Guys - This is true (or, supposed to be true) in ALL countries.  You go
between two sterile environments, and ALL the rules get reset.  This isn't a
Europe thing, a U.S. thing, or a foobar thing.  It's the way airport
security works.

Sure. But while folk like us probably ought to think of the issuebefore we buy something in Duty Free -- because, after all, we *always* forsee the full range of interaction effects, when making changes to complex systems -- it's not reasonable to expect average travellers to.

No warnings.  Nothing.

They get inside a security perimeter and think they are safe to buy the liquids they could not take through the perimeter.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking