RE: Non-priority baggage handling (Re: Warning - risk of duty free...)

2007-03-15 16:16:46
Let us assume that there is no special truck to take the baggage from the plane
to the collection point.

If there is only one truck the best-case benefit of a prioity tag is limited to
the time it takes for the guy to put the bags on the belt.

________________________________

        From: Andrew G. Malis [mailto:agmalis(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
        Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:19 PM
        To: Eliot Lear
        Cc: IETF discussion list; dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net
        Subject: Re: Non-priority baggage handling (Re: Warning - risk of duty
free...)

        There is no SLA regarding the priority tags on bags. I've found that
most airports ignore them, so I'm always pleasantly surprised when the priority
bags come out first. For the most part, my experience has been that bags tend
to show up in LIFO order, so you're being rewarded for checking in late. :-)

        Cheers,
        Andy

        On 3/15/07, Eliot Lear <lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:

                Clint Chaplin wrote:
                > I get the priority tag, because I'm Premium level.
                >
                > The only airport I've seen actually honor that tag is
Singapore.  San
                > Francisco doesn't care, and neither did Paris nor London.
Neither,
                > come to think of it, did Frankfurt.

                You mean they marked but have only a single queue?  What sort
of SLA
                were you given?

                ;-)