Re: Document Action: 'Abstract Syntax Notation X (ASN.X)' to Experimental RFC

2007-03-13 12:03:23
"pbaker" == Hallam-Baker, Phillip <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> writes:

pbaker> I agree that there were no technical comments but the summary
pbaker> states 'no comments'.  Arguments on complexity are too easy to
pbaker> make. Every time a proposal is made I hear the complexity
pbaker> argument used against it. Everything we do is
pbaker> complex. Computers are complex. Committee process usually
pbaker> increases complexity somewhat.

pbaker> If an argument can always be used what is the discrimination power?

I find that it's not useful to consider complexity as an abstract
concept in this context.  The world is complex.  What is important is
how we manage that complexity.  I think that it is much more useful to
evaluate complexity from a functional perspective.

More later.

---Tom