Re: [Geopriv] Confirmation of GEOPRIV IETF 68 Working Group Hums

2007-04-20 11:02:54
Set up the relay agent in your router to point at my DHCP server.

- Ralph

On 4/20/07 1:59 PM, "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com>
wrote:

OK how do I DHCP to the server on your network from my desk here?

(assuming that there are no NATs or firewalls)

If it was pure IP it would work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Droms [mailto:rdroms(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 1:57 PM
To: Hallam-Baker, Phillip; David W. Hankins; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: GEOPRIV WG
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] Confirmation of GEOPRIV IETF 68
Working Group Hums

Huh?  DHCP is carried in UDP and IP.  There is a little
funkiness in the
DHCPv4 transport, which we wouldn't have need if IPv4
link-local addresses had been defined when RFC 2131 was
published.  DHCPv6 uses link-local addresses and garden-variety IPv6.

- Ralph

On 4/20/07 1:48 PM, "Hallam-Baker, Phillip"