Re: [Geopriv] Confirmation of GEOPRIV IETF 68 Working Group Hums

2007-04-20 12:39:25
I'm sorry this reply is late.  I suspect you were stuck in ISC's
greylisters.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 10:48:14AM -0700, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
That's not the point, the point here is that DHCP is not an Internet
protocol. It is an IETF protocol but not an Internet protocol. It does
not layer on the IP stack.

You're right, I muddled the point.

The point is that the ISO L(x) is not what one considers when judging
wether or not a certain configuration value "would make a good band
name.  I mean DHCP option."

What we (strive to) consider instead is the administrative scope
of the configuration information, and wether it matches common and
practical use of DHCP.

--
David W. Hankins        "If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer               you'll just have to do it again."