Re: On the IETF Consensus process

2007-05-25 17:50:57
Hmm, I am not sure whether you read all the messages, but I started out expressing some concerns to see if I am alone or if there are other people who share those concerns.

Here are some concrete takeaways for me so far:

1. "Make IAB BoF reports public" and in general make the process more transparent. 2. "Need more practical control processes on ineffective or disruptive people in leadership positions"

If you need explanations why, please read earlier emails closely.

Lakshminath

PS: As a side note, even if someone were unable to make concrete suggestions, we as a community have a responsibility to talk to people to figure out if a group of us perceive the process differently than others. If that is vague, consider "non native speakers" as one such groups. How exactly is a message such as yours helpful in that case?