IANA considerations concerns -- specific cases?

2007-06-17 13:39:42
All,

The ongoing thread has asked some pretty fundamental
questions about how we deal with allocations. Many
opinions have been expressed.

The general discussion is one thing, but I also wanted
to make an offer regarding specific cases where people
feel that the current IANA rules for a specific number space
are obviously wrong, need room for experimentation, etc.
We frequently run into such cases. If you have trouble
with a specific number space, I would be happy to be the
sponsoring AD for a document that fixes that issue. (Or
help you find another AD whose area it belongs, point
you to an existing WG that could handle it, or help you
find a willing author to write the document, whatever
is most suitable for the case at hand.)

Jari