Re: Reforming the BOF Process (was Declining the ifare bof for Chicago)

2007-06-18 08:44:32
In many cases, we do this in any event, just via a more heavy-weight process, namely by requiring working groups to go through a process of requirements, frameworks, architecture and other meta-documents. One can discuss how successful these have been compared to the effort expended, but moving this process earlier seems helpful, as it now follows a fairly drawn-out bar BOF -- scheduled meeting-that's-not- called-a-BOF -- real BOF -- IESG deliberation -- WG formation process. In other words, having a low-cost version that allows people to discuss the problem, without committing to a solution, would be helpful.