RE: Domain Centric Administration, RE: draft-ietf-v6ops-natpt-to-historic-00.txt

2007-07-02 14:03:31

From: Keith Moore [mailto:moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu]

Oh so I am the one who is peddling FUD eh? The above pretty
much looks like FUD to me.

you were the one trying to cripple residential users.

No, I was intending to cripple their machines which is not the same thing at
all.

Specifically I am looking to put the residential user in complete control of
their network, deciding exactly what happens within it without requiring them
to understand the low level details.

I expect that at some point every lightswitch in my house will be IP
addressable. That does not mean that I want every lightswitch in my house to be
able to run a full HTTP server or even to have access to the general Internet
at all.

I do not want to have to worry about whether Mr Coffee has joined a botnet run
by the East European mafia. I don't want Mr Coffee to have any more Internet
access than is strictly necessary for the process of making coffee and telling
me when it is ready.