Re: RFC 1345 mnemonics table not consistent with Unicode 3.2.0

2007-08-31 02:04:28

    > Harald, Ben has pointed out one important use for something like
    > 1345, which involves references to characters in programming
    > languages and command interfaces.  The Unicode names are bad
    > news for that, I certainly don't want

I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case. There is an old paper
referenced (*) by the groff_char manual pages which discusses some
principles one can use if you only have two ASCII chars to name
things. There must an even older paper somewhere from Kelt and me
which discusses these principles.

        jaap

(*) An  extension  to the troff character set for Europe, E.G. Keizer, K.J.
       Simonsen, J. Akkerhuis; EUUG Newsletter, Volume 9, No. 2, Summer
       1989