Re: RFC 1345 mnemonics table not consistent with Unicode 3.2.0

2007-08-30 22:25:20

I'm a bit unclear on what these resources are in this volunteer organization
that we have that can be focused on tasks as needed. But hey, if we have them,
then I'm all for using them on the really critical stuff.
well, I _wish_ we could focus resources on some critical areas.  it
doesn't seem like we have a shortage of critical work to do.

I don't have an inherent objection to people working on a revision to
1345, or to IETF publishing it, as long as there are enough people and
sufficient expertise to do it competently.   at the same time I
recognize that IESG and the RFC editor have finite resources, and that
it is sometimes prudent for them to limit their organizations' commitments.

Keith