RE: [Ietf-http-auth] Re: Next step on web phishing draft(draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-05.txt)

2007-09-10 15:53:28

So you also want a different word to "shepherding"?

No. I want there not to be an implication that the
development of this document is a formal activity of the IETF.

Let me give you a short lesson from IETF 101.
If the name of a draft contains ietf as the second component, or the
name of an IETF WG or the name of one of the IETF bodies (iab, irtf,
etc...) then it is a formal activity of the IETF. Otherwise it is not.
Since this ID contains hartman as the second component, then it is clear
that this in not a formal IETF draft but merely a whim of someone named
hartman, possibly with some co-conspirators.

What I'm objecting to is what appears to be the AD-sponsored
formation of some design team which has not gone through the
BOF->WG process.

Have you verified with the AD in question that they were wearing their
AD hat at the time that they "sponsored" the formation of this design
team? AD's still have some freedom to act outside the IETF.

--Michael Dillon