Re: [Ietf-http-auth] Re: Next step on web phishing draft (draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-05.txt)

2007-09-10 03:17:47
Eliot Lear wrote:

Bernard,

I agree with EKR here. Failed consensus is failed consensus. RFC 2026 does not support the process that has been recommended here.

Perhaps Sam and Lisa can explain a bit more as to what process they intend to use. It seems that Alexey is providing a forum for discussion to improve the document, and I see nothing wrong with that.

Indeed, that is exactly what I was trying to say.

Lisa and Sam suggested to use ietf-http-auth(_at_)osafoundation(_dot_)org and I thought it made sense.

I would imagine that both the IESG and the community will still get their say, so what precisely is the problem?

Exactly. It is not like ietf-http-auth(_at_)osafoundation(_dot_)org is a closed moderated mailing list.

This having been said, it seems to me that in order to address EKR's (and perhaps others') concerns, the document will need substantial work. I welcome efforts to improve that work. Where should that happen? Must Sam do it alone?

If people can suggest a better place for work on this document, please speak up now.