Re: Next step on web phishing draft (draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-05.txt)

2007-09-10 00:01:45

Bernard,

I agree with EKR here. Failed consensus is failed consensus. RFC 2026 does not support the process that has been recommended here.

Perhaps Sam and Lisa can explain a bit more as to what process they intend to use. It seems that Alexey is providing a forum for discussion to improve the document, and I see nothing wrong with that. I would imagine that both the IESG and the community will still get their say, so what precisely is the problem?

This having been said, it seems to me that in order to address EKR's (and perhaps others') concerns, the document will need substantial work. I welcome efforts to improve that work. Where should that happen? Must Sam do it alone?

Eliot