Re: [Ietf-http-auth] Next step on web phishing draft (draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-05.txt)

2007-09-09 23:17:53
Alexey Melnikov said:

"This statement taken in isolation is certainly correct. However if the
original LC didn't ask the right question, don't you think this makes
answers meaningless?"

The reviews are not meaningless.  They represent the feedback of the IETF
community.  Rather than asking a different question in hope of getting a
different answer, it would be better to address the feedback in an
attempt to achieve consensus (or at least a lower level of disagreement).

IMHO, it also might be appropriate to find a better forum and process
for  discussing and moving forward on this document.  The topic is
important, and one that the IETF has an opportunity to make a contribution
to, over time.  I think this may be a case where the existing BOF process
has limited our options.  For an alternative, see:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aboba-sg-experiment-02.txt