Re: draft-aboba-sg-experiment-02.txt

2007-09-12 04:51:18
Bernard Aboba wrote:

Bernard,
I quickly looked through your draft. I don't think it applies for a case when
there is no intention to form a WG. Is my understanding correct?
Section 2 says:

"The Charter for a Study Group SHOULD include at least the following milestones:

     o Development of a Working Group Charter.

     o Development of a document demonstrating fulfillment of
       the Working Group formation criteria described in
       [RFC2418] Section 2.1."

So the expectation is that Study Groups will focus on enabling WG formation. Are you imagining other scenarios in which a SG might be useful?
I am looking for a lightweight process that doesn't introduce as much delay as a typical WG does. In particular I am interested in something that might work for reviewing and building consensus around a well defined piece of work (typically a document). One use case I have is a document that is not a product of a WG, but which defines a framework shared by two existing working groups.