Re: Subscribtion and qustion

2007-09-14 06:02:08
On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 02:35:45PM +0200,
 Natasha Petrovska <npetrovska(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 55 lines which said:

I would like to attend some of your meetings, since my thesis is
connected with GPS and I work in a Public transport enterprise.

I am not sure there is an IETF Working Group in these domains? It
seems a bit far away from typical IETF work. You should first check
the current work at:

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/wg-dir.html

Macedonia should use Galileo, anyway :-)

Can I be your member or atendee

Anyone can be a member of the IETF, there is no formal registration,
just subscribe to the mailing list of the working group of your
choice.

If you want to physically attend the meetings, see:

http://www.ietf.org/meetings/meetings.html

If you lack money, see the attached message from ISOC, may be
Macedonia is eligible.

But it seems you lack basic information about the IETF so I really
recommend you read:

http://www.ietf.org/overview.html
http://www.ietf.org/tao.html
--- Begin Message ---
Dear Colleagues,

The Internet Society has announced that it is seeking applications for
the next round of the ISOC Fellowship to the IETF program. The program
offers engineers from developing countries fellowships that fund the cost
of attending an IETF meeting.

Individuals from developing countries who have been following and
participating in the work of the IETF remotely -- but have not yet
attended an IETF meeting in person -- are encouraged to apply for the
Fellowship.

Fellowships will be awarded through a competitive application process.
The Internet Society is currently accepting fellowship applications for
the next two IETF meetings:

   * IETF 70 being held in Vancouver, Canada on December 2-7 2007, and
   * IETF 71 being held in Philadelphia, USA on March 9-14, 2008

Up to five fellowships will be awarded for each IETF meeting.

Full details on the ISOC Fellowship to the IETF, including how to apply,
are located on the ISOC website at :

        http://www.isoc.org/educpillar/fellowship

The application deadline both IETF meetings has been extended until
14 September 2007.

The Internet Society formally launched the ISOC Fellowship to the IETF
program in January 2007 after successfully piloting the program during
2006 at IETF 66 in Montreal and IETF 67 in San Diego. Fifteen individuals
from 12 countries have participated in the program since its inception.

If you have questions, please do not hesiate to contact Karen Rose
<rose(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org> or Mirjam Kuehne <mir(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org>.

Kind Regards,
Mirjam Kuehne
ISOC