Re: Subscribtion and qustion

2007-09-14 06:09:52
Hello;

On Sep 14, 2007, at 8:35 AM, Natasha Petrovska wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a postgraduate student from Macedonia. I would like to attend some of your meetings, since my thesis is connected with GPS and I work in a Public transport enterprise. Can I be your member or atendee or receive any information (news) conected with these themes?

There is no formal membership of the IETF.

There is no charge to be a member of a working group - all you have to do is join the appropriate mailing list.

Here is a list of working groups
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/wg-dir.html

and here is general information about the mailing lists
http://www.ietf.org/maillist.html

Attending an IETF meeting requires paying a registration fee, which is reduced for students.

There are a limited number of ISOC Fellowships to the IETF.

http://www.isoc.org/educpillar/fellowship/

Hope this information is of use to you. I find that, while there is no formal membership process, active participation in the IETF does require a fair amount of time to understand both the process and what issues are current. I would start by reading this

http://www.ietf.org/tao.html

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

Thank you very much in advance.