RE: ULA-C (Was: Re: IPv6 will never fly: ARIN continues to kill it)

2007-09-18 09:30:22

The people that are fighting having ULA-C are the same ones that don't want
PI, and they are trying to force ULA-C == PI so they can turn that argument
around and say 'we told you PI was a bad idea' when there is no way to
filter out what would have been ULA-C. If you really believe there is going
to be a routing system problem, then you absolutely have to support ULA-C
because it is the only way to enforce keeping private space private.

I am totally against ULA-C, and I am not against PI, so please re-examine
that statement.  Your second statement:

f you really believe there is going
to be a routing system problem, then you absolutely have to support ULA-C
because it is the only way to enforce keeping private space private.

Also doesn't seem to me to make a lot of sense.  There is a set prefix of
ULAs now.  Filtering it on is already possible (and I heartily encourage
same!).  Adding ULA-C doesn't make that easier or harder, and it does nothing
else that would "enforce keeping private space private".  None of the
ULA-C proposals I have seen came with a police force or standing army
of clue-bat wielding networking engineers.

                                Ted