Re: ULA-C (Was: Re: IPv6 will never fly: ARIN continues to kill it)

2007-09-18 11:05:34
On 18-sep-2007, at 17:50, Jeroen Massar wrote:

I don't think ULA-C makes sense. We have a RIR system in place. These
RIRs are supposed to provide address space for people/organizations who
can justify a need for that address space.

That's like selling train tickets at the airport. Except for the fraction of a promille of all IP users that have their own portable address space, RIRs don't even talk to IP users who are _connected_ to the internet, let alone those who aren't! It just doesn't make sense to involve the RIRs here.