Re: A priori IPR choices [Re: Third LastCall:draft-housley-tls-authz-extns]

2007-10-23 12:25:56
Phil, I understand what you're trying to do.  I agree that more wiggle
room makes it harder.

However I think that to achieve consensus you're going to need to
allow working groups to choose to turn on the wiggle room.

I think that you could get somewhere with an opt-in proposal.  For a
particular technology or WG, the WG can opt-in to something with very
little wiggle room.  I personally don't think you can do better than
that.

However I do think you could put together some standard optinos to
opt-in to.