Re: When is using patented technology appropriate?

2007-10-24 08:32:24
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Sam Hartman wrote:

However I feel there is something pathalogical going on in the open
source community surrounding patents.  People are willing to use
technologies that probably have patents but are unwilling to use
technologies that clearly have patents and that have a long track record
of not particularly being enforced.  I get worried when I see that
spilling into the IETF.

Past behaviour is not a predictor of future behaviour, e.g. GIF.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
SOUTHEAST ICELAND: NORTHERLY 5 AT FIRST IN EAST, OTHERWISE SOUTHEASTERLY 4 OR