DOS (was: Experimental makes sense for tls-authz)

2007-10-26 15:15:12
Brian E Carpenter wrote:

The DOS attack on this list seems to be from people who haven't
read RFC 2026 and use meaningless phrases like "experimental
standard."

What was it, 30 messages collected by Megatron over eight days ?
FYI 36 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4949#page-101> offers a
definition for "denial of service".

Of course some messages about a "standard on experimental track"
or similar kind of miss the point.  As a "campaign" it reminded
me of the weird "yes, we will deploy sender-id" parade in MARID.

Other messages were perfectly on topic, apparently from concerned
folks.  I agree with the drift in the rest of your message, but
of course I won't say anything about the specific I-D in an IETF
Last Call, for starters I didn't read it.

OTOH I also agree with the drift of pages like <http://ffii.org>,
that includes a case where "attack" would be putting it mildly.

 Frank