Re: DOS

2007-10-27 07:11:25
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

You are reminded of MARID?

Yes.  And also of the http://noooxml.org/ petition where I violated
my own "never sign any online petition if you don't get a backlink"
rule.

That was the last time RMS had one of these write in campaigns.
That then led to a counter-write-in campaigns.

The "shuffle those deck chairs" thread _here_ wasn't what I had in
mind, it was quite interesting.  The parade of folks stating that
they would deploy sender-id, after not contributing any technical
article, wasn't here, it was on the MARID list in reply to a poll.

Even that was no DOS, identifying hundreds of hit and run posters
on a WG list simple.  Maybe a mad approximation of a DOS.

 Frank
--
See also <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARID> and the corresponding
Plan B: <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spf.discuss:9928>