Re: Experimental makes sense for tls-authz

2007-10-27 07:11:25

On Oct 27, 2007, at 2:11 AM, David Morris wrote:

Absolutely, if they don't bother to stick around and read the subsequent discussion. Merely spaming this list does provide validity to the poster's point of view. Hanging around and participating and having the rest of the
community observe the poster's qualifications first hand as they
re-inforce their points is how they earn respect in this organization.

How do you square this against working group sessions that have obviously been packed, where previous sessions were only moderately attended but many new faces show up in anticipation of a very important hum?

I'm all for making the best decision in the face of outside coercion, but better guidelines (not processes) need to be given regarding how the IETF and working groups judge a participant as a valid participant. And they need to be consistent across the various flavors of IETF participation.

Until then, I do not favor dismissing these emails.

-andy