Re: Experimental makes sense for tls-authz

2007-10-27 06:24:28
    > From: Ben Finney <ben+ietf(_at_)benfinney(_dot_)id(_dot_)au>

    > In the past it has been expressed on this list that the only
    > qualification for getting involved in IETF policy is exactly that,
    > getting involved -- in particular, on this list.

The IETF is open to anyone who want to join our community. However, 'joining
our community' means just that - joining, not just dropping off a drive-by,
based on a superficial understanding of the issues, as inaccurately reported
by someone with an axe to grind?

How is that substantially different from company X telling everyone who works
for it 'we want standard X approved, please send in email to the IETF list
asking for it to be approved'. You wouldn't think that was useful? No, I
didn't think so.

        Noel