Re: Experimental makes sense for tls-authz

2007-10-29 10:25:29
"Eric" == Eric Rosen <erosen(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> writes:

    Eric> - I don't think the IETF considers "this document offends my
    Eric> political point of view" to be a legitimate reason for
    Eric> opposing the document.  The degree of passion and/or
    Eric> repetition with which the political view is expressed is
    Eric> irrelevant.  (The suppression of a document for political
    Eric> reasons is frequently called "censorship", even if other
    Eric> avenues of publication still exist.)

I have to disagree with you here.  I think political issues, like
everything else need to be considered in judging whether the IETF or a
WG has rough consensus to publish a document.

That said, judging whether the participants are engaged in the
discussion, have taken the time to come up to speed on the issues, are
involved in the IETF, etc is very appropriate when deciding how much
to weigh opinions expressed.