Re: NAT+PT for IPv6 Transition & Operator Feedback generally

2007-11-14 09:15:38
On 14 nov 2007, at 16:53, Lucy Lynch wrote:

There are several collection efforts going on - you might take a look at:

http://www.civil-tongue.net/clusterf

http://www.ipv6-to-standard.org/

Don't bother. The first one is just a big stack of loose associations with "IPv6" that don't make sense half the time, the second is a big searchable list of something, not sure what.

But as long as we're talking about stuff that's missing from IPv6: with IPv4, I can get a modem and do dial-up. PPP takes care of my IP address, DNS, etc. If I'm going to do dial-up for IPv6, how am I supposed to handle this stuff? PPP sure doesn't help me there. Same thing for broadband. Do I get addresses through stateless autoconfig or DHCPv6? And/or an entire prefix through DHCPv6? Who puts my address in the reverse DNS?