Re: Lets be careful with those XML submissions to the RFC Editor

2007-11-26 03:22:02
Paul Hoffman wrote:
At 11:58 PM +0200 11/25/07, Jari Arkko wrote:
Paul,

 They still should (strongly) consider checking the validity of the XML
 by comparing it to what the IESG approved.

Yes, and they do compare to what IESG approved. Substantial changes are
brought to the AD's approval. This is what caused us to find the problem
in this case.

I'm confused. Why should the RFC Editor accept XML with any
substantial changes? That's inherently prone to error. They should
start with what was approved.

This argues that XML files be submitted as the authoritative source at
the time of WGLC, Paul, if they are going to be submitted at all, and
the I-D manager generates the text.  I'm fine with that, by the way.

Eliot