Re: Should the RFC Editor publish an RFC in less than 2 months?

2007-12-02 18:37:59
Only issue I would raise here is don't expire the ID if this situation arises...

If there is an IESG action and an ID folk can read that is going to work for
most people.

Don't publish the rfc before the appeals counter expires, there lies all sorts
of bad stuff and confusion.

Sent from my GoodLink Wireless Handheld (www.good.com)

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Russ Housley [mailto:housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com]
Sent:   Saturday, December 01, 2007 05:58 PM Pacific Standard Time
To:     Alexey Melnikov; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc:     iab(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject:        Re: Should the RFC Editor publish an RFC in less than 2 months?

Alexey:

The latter.  If the Auth48 completes before the 60 day appeal timer
has expired, then the RFC Editor will hold off on publication until
the 60 days have gone by.

Russ

P.S. A document that I wrote was the first document to get snagged in
this situation.  I guess it is only fair....  It got published yesterday.